Tweeted On: March 27, 2018, 7:36 p.m.
Tweet this Thread as Reply
Share: Let others read this complete thread by @tuomassalo
Not everything was perfect in 1995, but I think we've lost something on the way. Some remarks:
1) Underlined letters indicate keyboard shortcuts. How handy!
2) Design clearly says: "We are buttons!". It's easy to find the wanted button, because they have some color.
3) Column titles look like buttons, since they are buttons.
4) The divider resembles window frame, giving a clue of resizability.
5) Always visible scroll bar immediately tells there's more to it, and how much.
6) The ellipsis hints that this button opens a dialog, instead of immediately executing an action.
7) The handle tells that this window can be resized.
Share: Tweet this Thread
Read More Threads By Tuomas Salo